Saturday, March 28, 2009

More from AVP in Panama City


Not the most ideal start to the 2009 AVP Season. Got to the site at 6:45am this morning (being a DJ, getting up early is not my thing) and after about an hour of catching up with some players and AVP staff, it was determined the start of the tournament would be postponed until at least 10am due to the strong gusting winds. It's so windy that walking back across the street to my hotel the wind literally stopped me in my tracks. The start of the tournament has been pushed back to 1pm now with a meeting scheduled at 12:30pm to determine if the players can actually play in this weather. If play is canceled today, the start of the tournament will begin tomorrow and turn into a single elimination tournament. In my 6 years of being the tour DJ, this is the most consistently strong wind I've felt and the rain isn't helping either. All in all, it's been nice to see some friends and I'm excited to start the 2009 Season, whenever that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment