Tuesday, May 26, 2009

1st So Cal Beach Event

DJ Roueche here with another blog. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. The AVP has now completed 5 events so far and this past weekend we were in Huntington Beach, CA. It was nice to be back on the beach in Southern California. I've been the DJ with the AVP for 6 seasons now and this past weekend I had a first. They moved the DJ booth from the stage on center court to the sand on center court just behind the player boxes. Other than a thin layer of dust, from the sand, on my DJ computer for most of the weekend, I liked being that much closer to the action. Players had more access to me and I got more music request from players this weekend that I ever have in the past. If the booth stays on the sand, I suspect I will continue to get more and more.
Even though the AVP event was in Huntington, I still DJed at Sangria in Hermosa Beach on Friday and Saturday night. I added up all the hours and over a 2 1/2 day span, I DJed 23 1/2 hours with a total of 9 hours of sleep. That's the life of a DJ sometimes. Got a couple days at home and then off to the ATL for the next AVP event. Got a crew in Atlanta that's looking forward to my arrival and I plan on having a good time on and off the AVP Site.

For more info on DJ Roueche, go to www.valaentertainment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment